Blue Heron Coal Camps

Dublin Core

Description

The Blue Herron Coal Camp, also known as Mine 18, in McCreary County, was run by the Stearns Coal and Lumber Company from 1938 to 1962. Company managers, miners, and their families discuss coal mining and Stearns, but the interviews focus on the quality of life in the camp and the lives of the women.

Blue Herron is now an outdoor museum in the Big South Fork National Park and Recreation Area. The interviews were collected for the United States Army Corps of Engineers for use in the exhibits.

Title

Blue Heron Coal Camps

Social Bookmarking